Widow of Allende To Address Forum During April Tour

Hortends Russide Allende, widow of Chilean President Salvador Allende, who died in a September 1973 coup, will deliver an address to the Harvard Law School Forum on April 8.

John W. Foster, a second-year student at the Law School and vice president of the forum, said yesterday that the committee invited Allende to speak at the request of the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom.

Allende, who lives in Mexice City, is planning a short lecture tour which will include speeches at Yale and in Boston, Margaret McCarter, a spokesman for the league, said last night.

Allende has not yet applied for a liven, but no problems are anticipated by the State Department, Elizabeth Haggarty, a State Department spokesman, said yesterday.

Allende has been in this country several times since the coup.

The league sent a delegation of about 20 members to Chile shortly after the 1973 coup to assess political and economic conditions there, McCarter said last night.

"We were appalled by the social turmoil there, and have been concerned with bringing this to the attention of people here," she said.

In the question period following the speech, Allende's secretary will take questions from the floor, since her English is "quicker" than Allende's McCarter said.

She said that Allende will also speak at a fund-raising reception in Boston on April 7, and on the Channel 5 "Good Morning Show" April 8. The proceeds from the benefit will go to Chileans living in exile, McCarter said.