Sports Roundup

For JIM KUBACKI, sthe honors keep piling up. His 149-yard rushing, two-touchdown performance against UMass last Saturday earned the Crimson signalcaller the ABC-TV Offensive Player of the Game and the ECAC Player of the Week awards. Kubacki moved into fourth place on Harvard's all-time total offense list and trails third-place Jim Stoeckel by 231 yards....

Tight end BOB McDERMOTT also closed in on the record books last weekend, as he moved into fourth place on Harvard's career receiving list. And speaking of receivers, junior LARRY HOBDY has been projected to start at split end again for Saturday's clash with Boston University. Sophomore guard MIKE CLARK will get to bash bodies at the opening whistle, too.

Undergraduates can obtain tickets for the Dartmouth game in Hanover, to be played in two weekends, at the ticket office next Monday and Tuesday in exchange for--and this is a real buy--one coupon and four single dollar bills....

Harvard's junior varsity football team opened its season by dropping a 36-23 decision to the Brown JV's on Monday.... The Crimson booters are ranked ninth in this week's New England poll. George Ford's soccer stalwarts will attempt to regroup after last Saturday's 2-0 loss to the University of Rhode Island when they take on Wesleyan in an away contest tomorrow afternoon....

After two games, cornerback ANDY PUOPOLO leads the Crimson defense with 12 tackles and three assists. CHARLIE KAYE has 12 tackles, while BOB BAGGOTT, who recovered a fumble and intercepted a pass against the Minutemen, has eight tackles and four assists....

MIKE LYNCH is tied with Kubacki for the scoring lead with 14 points apiece, while LARRY SCHEMBER has a team-leading 43.5 kickoff return average.