‘A Huge Disruption’: Students Testing Positive for COVID-19 Report Confusing HUHS Communication

Local Businesses Fight for Revival of Harvard Square, Gear Up for Winter

DSO Staff Reflect on Fall Semester’s Successes, Planned Improvements for Spring

At Least Five GSAS Departments To Admit No Graduate Students Next Year

UC Passes Legislation to Increase Transparency of Community Council, HUPD

Ex-B&G Man's Assault Trial Is Postponed

The second trial of Julian K. Fredie, a former Buildings and Grounds supervisor found guilty last August of threatening a female Harvard student with bodily injury, has been postponed until later this month.

The new trial was originally scheduled to begin December 17, but Melvin Ravech, Fredie's lawyer, asked the court to postpone the case until at least January 17 because Rarech was involved in another trial at that time.

Fredie was sentenced to 30 days in jail after a non-jury trial in the Middlesex County Third District Court, but Fredie requested the new hearing to which he is entitled under the state's "two-tier" judicial system.

Benjamin Overton '77, convicted this summer of taking money from the earnings of prostitutes, told The Crimson in October that Fredie threatened the female student in connection with prostitution activities.

Fredie, Ravech and the female student were unavailable for comment last night.

Six Months

If he is found guilty, Fredie faces up to six months in jail. After this trial, he can appeal to the Supreme Judicial Court if he believes there has been an improper finding on a question of law, not on factual issues.

The University suspended Fredie without pay shortly after his arrest on July 27, and he resigned after his conviction last August. Fredie was the B&G superintendent for the Kennedy School of Government and the graduate schools of Design, Divinity and Education