Crimson Preparing for Cornell

FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK

By John Donley

The Harvard football team will run through a no-pads practice today in preparation for tomorrow's 1:30 game at the Stadium versus Cornell...Expect to see lots of multiple sets on both offense and defense from head coach Joe Restic....

Unlike last week, this week's practice has gone exceedingly well...."Wednesday's practice was the best mid-week practice we've had all year," defensive tackle Bob Murray said last night....

Injuries continue to plague the Crimson. -- Paul Sablock remains doubtful with a sprained ankle, and linebacker Craig Beling's knee has yet to heal completely....On the positive side, defensive tackle John Cosgrove has returned to the squad after missing some practices last week....

For those of you who may have been hung over the last three Saturdays and failed to make the trip across the Charles to the Stadium, senior placekicker Gary Bosnic has not missed an extra point or field goal from inside the 45-yard line this year....

Born to Run

Cornell likes to run the ball -- the Big Red has thrown only 29 passes in its first three games, with tailback Joe Holland totalling 369 yards overland for a 5.5 yard average and four touchdowns....Trivia fans will duly note the name of Cornell's second-string fullback for tomorrow's contest: Dick Clasby, Jr. Clasby, number two on Cornell's depth chart behind Ben Tenuta after missing two games with a hip pointer, is the son of ex-Harvard grid star Dick Clasby, Sr. '55. Dick's older brother, Mike, is a senior in Eliot House.