Hare Christmas

"Ho ho ho-oh! Ho ho ho-oh!" What looks like a sidewalk Santa, sounds like a sidewalk Santa, panhandles like a sidewalk Santa, but isn't, according to some, a legitimate sidewalk Santa? Why, a Hare Krishna Santa, of course. This year, Hare Krishna Santa, have stepped up their campaign, perhaps bolstered by the demise of Volunteers of America Santas in Boston. But they are not always well-received by people on the street who think the Krishna Clauses misrepresent themselves and take money away from more established charities like the Salvation Army. Last Saturday, the Krishna Claus working Park Square seemed to be doing fairly well as his bucket, which displayed the logo ISKCON (International Society for Krishna Consciousness), was filled with change and bills. However, while he busily peddled his candy canes, crowd. An elderly lady, hunched over her shopping another part of the Square. "We're gonna break people standing in the Square would shout. "Don't bags, looked up at the Santa and then said, "It's your ass just like your buddy!" a less than sober give him anything, he's a phony! He's a Hare fone of those Krishnas, Shit." A man shuffled up to spectator shouted. The Krishna seemed to get a bit Krishna!" The Santa didn't hesitate to identify the Santa and asked him for a buck for "a cup of ruffled under his bright new Santa suit and clean himself as a member of ISKCON and even invited coffee." The Krishna Claus looked self-consciously nylon beard. "Do you believe in Christmas--Christ the questioner to a "vegetarian feast." Krishna at the bills in his bucket. "How about some candy?" and all that?" a reporter asked. "Sure I do," the Claus stopped to fish a "Back to Godhead" he offered. "Sure," the man said thickly, "can I Krishna replied and as he turned he added. "Ho Ho magazine from his bag, then wandered off into the have two pieces?" The Krishna moved quickly to Ho Sing Ho Hare. . ."