Harvard Hoopsters Sweep Saturday's Contests

...As Women Win In 66-39 Cakewalk

By Kevin Shaw

The women's basketball team made it three in a row Saturday as it lambasted Williams, 66-39. The win boosted its season's record over the .500 mark to 6-5.

The cagers started out slowly and turnovers marred the first half. Despite the early shakiness, Harvard retired to the locker room sporting a 31-22 halftime lead.

When the players returned, a surge of hot shooting broke the game wide open as the women shot 65 per cent from the floor for the second half.

So Strong

"Our balanced scoring and strong rebounding were largely responsible for our strong showing," coach Carole Kleinfelder said yesterday.

Caryn Curry and Hildy Meyers spearheaded the Harvard scoring onslaught, each totaling 14 points. Wendy Carle poured in 13 points while Leslie Greis and Katherine Fulton added six and five, respectively.

"The Williams game was a good warm-up for the Ivies. We played as a unit, and it will be just this kind of play which we will need next week in the tournament," Greis commented yesterday.

The squad squares off against Penn Friday in first-round action of the Ivy tournament.