Undergrads Publish 'Agenda' With Progressive Viewpoint

A group composed primarily of undergraduates yesterday introduced a progressive campus newspaper, "Agenda," distributing it free to every student room.

In a statement of purpose printed in yesterday's edition, the editors of the publication said "Agenda" will seek to present "a range of views on the progressive left" and that it will cover events both on and off campus. The newspaper will be published every other Monday.

Looking to the Left

"We can't do news, as such, being a bi-monthly, but we can offer an alternative radical analysis of current issues," Mary Jo Connolly '81, a member of the paper's editorial collective said yesterday. The editorial collective is responsible for the newspaper's content and production.

Connolly said the Cambridge United Ministries is funding "Agenda's" first two issues, adding that the collective is now looking for financial support for future issues.

"We hope to keep the paper free," she said, although Deborah G. Tatar '81, another member of the collective, said yesterday that the paper may consider asking for contributions from its readership.

Yesterday's issue included articles on abortion legislation, oil company profits and the recent attempt to stop construction of the nuclear power plant in Seabrook, N.H.