Loeb Summer Staff Reports $1600 in Weekend Revenues Missing From Publicity Office

About $1600 in ticket revenue from the currently running play "Lulu" was stolen from the Loeb Theater Publicity Office some time on Sunday.

A Loeb staff member reported the theft to the Harvard police 8 p.m. Sunday.

Captain Jack Morse of the University Police said "the money is missing and they (Loeb officials) considered it a theft." Morse added they could not be sure how much was taken until the receipts are totalled.

Susan Webber '79, producer of "Lulu," said the matter was being investigated by the Harvard Police and declined to comment further.

Morse said police are trying to narrow the time range of when the crime occurred.

A person who asked not to be identified said he thought the office was left unlocked and unoccupied for only five minutes. A staff member said many people have keys to the office.

Strangers

The Loeb building is always open during the day, and strangers have been seen backstage recently, a summer theater staff member said yesterday.

A few weeks ago, an actess's bicycle was stolen from backstage.

"Security is terrible," one actress said.