Hillel Intruder Attacks Grad Student

Slashes Wrists With Bottle

By Alexandra D. Korry

A man masked by a blue scarf intruded on a cooking class in the basement of Hillel last night and slashed a graduate student's wrists with a broken wine bottle.

The victim, who was taking pictures of the cooking class, was taken to Mt. Auburn Hospital and released shortly thereafter, a spokesman at the hospital said yesterday.

Police were still looking last night for the intruder, a 5-ft., 10-in. man wearing dark pants and a blue down jacket.

Mum

Police refused to comment on the details of the incident.

A witness at Hillel last night said the lights went off suddenly and a crashing sound interrupted the cooking class shortly after 8 p.m.

The intruder allegedly switched the lights off and, breaking a wine bottle, ran at the photographer shouting, "I'm gonna get you" one of the six members of the cooking class said.

The intruder then ran out of the building as the victim, bleeding, said, "I've been cut, I've been cut really deep."

Police escorted the victim to Mt. Auburn Hospital, where he was treated before being released.

Witnesses said the intruder apparently cut the man's vein, missing his arteries.

One witness said the intruder may have been the same man who walked into Hillel looking for the bathroom a short time after 7:30 p.m.

"He must have been there a while to find the general light switch, which is hard to find," the witness said.