Former Defense Department General Counsel Appointed Harvard’s Top Lawyer

Democracy Center Protesters Stage ‘Emergency Rally’ with Pro-Palestine Activists Amid Occupation

Harvard Violated Contract With HGSU in Excluding Some Grad Students, Arbitrator Rules

House Committee on China to Probe Harvard’s Handling of Anti-CCP Protest at HKS

Harvard Republican Club Endorses Donald Trump in 2024 Presidential Election

Boylston St. Renamed to Honor JFK

Kirkland House is no longer located on Boylston St., and the same goes for Eliot House, the Galeria, and the Wursthaus.

The Cambridge City Council, ired by reports that Kennedy School of Government officials were considering downplaying the Kennedy name in connection with the school's fund-raising, last night ordered that the street by renamed in honor of the former president, John F. Kennedy'40.

New street signs will be erected, and the city manager will urge the Metropolitan District Commission to place signs around the park at the corner of Boylston (Kennedy) St. and Memorial Drive commemorating the slain leader.

Councilor Alfred E. Vellucci, who introduced the order, referred to Kennedy's wish that his memorial library be built in Cambridge. Staunch opposition from some in the city kept the library out, but the school of government should remain a pure memorial to the Massachusetts native, Vellucci said.

University officials have denied that they will downplay the Kennedy name in connection with the school's activities.