Senior Captures Bahamas Vacation

Michael Brown`84 on Thursday won a $1500 Bahamas vacation for two to Paradise Island, but instead of packing his bags he's going to send his parents to the sunny climate as an anniversary present.

"They've done everything to send me here and I'd like to do a little in return," he said.

All full-your subscribers to The Crimson were entered in a drawing for various prizes, sponsored by the paper and Eastern Airlines. The drawing was held Thursday at the Crimson, 14 Plympton St. office.

Two round-trip New York to Boston Eastern Air-Shuttle tickets went to second prize winners Pete D. Cook '85 and Catherine Gerrish, a Cambridge resident.

The third prize winners, Bruce Al Cadenhead '86, Martha M. Hurley '87 and Kevin C. McMahon '87 were reimbursed for the full cost of their subscription to The Crimson.

Four fourth prize winners were given free' 1983-84 Confidential Guides to Courses at Harvard/Radcliffe. They were Daniel Goldhagen '87, Melissa H. Kaish, a graduate student, George E. Light '84, and Suong-Dao Nguyen '87.

Crimson president Jacob M. Schlesinger '84 presided over the ceremony and drew the winning names with Eastern Airlines campus representative David Sultan '84 on hand.

"We are glad to work with the Harvard community and help the newspaper in the process, Sultan said.

The lure of prizes helped boost Crimson subscriptions 20 percent, said Crimson Business Manager Margot Singer '84.