TV Host David Susskind '42 May Lead IOP Study Group

By Camille M. Caesar

Syndicated talk show host David Susskind '42 expects to lead a study group at the Kennedy School of Government's Institute of Politics (IOP) next semester, he said yesterday.

Susskind added that he recently expressed to teach a seminar on "Politics and the Media" to IOP Director Jonathan Moore.

It's always said my goal to teach," Susskind explained, adding. "I'm looking forward to it immensely Harvard is where I started out and I'II he glad to get back."

But according to Charles Trueheart, Associate Director of the IOP, Susskind's teaching position has yet to be confirmed.

"We haven't received a formal proposal from him yet," Trueheart said. All candidates for position in study groups must be reviewed by a subgroup of the student Advisory committee as well as by IOP officials, he added.

Moore said Susskind had made only a verbal proposal to come to the K-School in February.

It is up to the IOP is respond to his suggestion, Susskind said. "I'am simply walking for them to get is touch with me," he added.

Susskind's experience in television makes him a valuable resources for students involved is study groups. Trueheart said, adding. "We would certainly welcome a proposal from a man of his distinction."

"The David Susskind Show," a syndicated program featuring debate on social issues, was discontinued last August by Metromedia station WGBH, channel 2, in Cambridge, said Anne Samuels, a spokesman for WGBH.

"We were no longer getting significant audience response, and the show was preempted," said Susan Steimer, a scheduling official.

She added that "The David Susskind show" was first broadcast by WGBH when the station opened 10 year ago.

The station eventually discontinued the program but started showing it again two years ago.

"The David Susskind show" it produced by Susskind's own company, Pomandia Productions, in New York, it will airs on New York's WNET.