Women's Soccer

Sports Wrap

14-0

No typo there that was the final score when Harvard's women's soccer team had finished its utter destruction of Penn Saturday at the B-School field.

It was a rout of mind-boggling proportions, even considering the 10-0 beating the Crimson inflicted on the Quakers last year. Harvard scored four goals in the first eight minutes. The halftime score was 11-0.

Harvard outshot Penn, 46-1.

Crimson Coach Bob Scalise had difficulty describing just how lopsided the game was "We played well," he said. "We attacked their weaknesses and outmanned them all over the field."

Then he caught the essence of it "The players on our bench could have been the stars for Penn."

Junior forward Kelly Landry had a field day, hitting the back of the visitors' net four times; with 70 career points, she is only 13 away from the school record held by Sue St Louis '81.

Some newer names on the Crimson roster also made the stat sheet Freshman Karen Garibaldi and Mary Beth Healy each scored two goals, while sophomore Brigitte Duffy and freshman Linda Doyle added one goal and two assists apiece.

Harvard's total domination of the Philadelphians demonstrated how well it is coping despite potentially disastrous injuries in the season-opener In that game the Crimson lost for the season the services of goal keeper Janet Judge and forward Alicia Carillo. The Crimson boosters have continued to win, however, chalking up a 4-0 record THE NOTEBOOK: Landry's four goals tied the single-game record held by herself and St Louis. Harvard takes to the road Wednesday for a game at Keene College.