Leverett Students Recovering From Car Crash Injuries

Over a month after their near-fatal car crash, three Leverett House residents are all recovering.

The students, Roland T. Heacock '84, Peter B. Strong '85, and Wayne L. Johnson '84, were returning from Wellesley when their car flipped over on Route 27. Heacock and Strong were trapped in the car, but Johnson was thrown from the vehicle and pulled Strong from the wreckage.

Heacock, who was in a coma when he arrived at the hospital, is listed in fair condition While he cannot receive phone calls, he is allowed to see visitors, hospital officials added.

Strong, who suffered a broken arm and a concussion, reported that he is recovering gradually. He has taken the semester off to go home and recuperate. Though his arm is still in a cast and he still in a cast and he suffers chronic headaches from the concussion, he said he expects to be fully recovered and back in school by January.

Johnson, who sustained bone fractures in his back and minor bruises, said that he has been "recovering well but is not completely healed yet." He added that the accident had not affected his academics even though he spent two weeks in the hospital following the crash.