Still Celebrating

Short Takes

Beating the Harvard football team with no time on the clock after a disputed call last season still seems to have the University of Pennsylvania in lather of excitement.

Last month, the senior class voted 2-1 to confer upon the game's winning play their highest commemorative honor: the 1983-Ivy Stone, The Daily Pennsylvanian, the UPenn student newspaper reports.

The stone an annual gift of the senior class to the university, will this year portray the university emblem on a rectangular blocks of limestone. An athlete throwing a discus will be superimposed on the center of the emblem.

Terming the 27-yard field goal that won the game "one of, if not the most, meaningful moments of the year." Senior Class Board President Jeff Goldberg said the stone will be cemented into the north wall of Franklin Field stadium at the 17-yard line, where the play took place.

In its position there, the stone will commemorate the powerful effect the game had on the campus.

It [the stone] honors the unity the game brought to the university," Shulman said.