Faculty Club Thefts

Short Takes

In the first incidence of theft a the Faculty Club in several months, four Wallets containing a total of $35 and several credit cards were stolen from the club's coatroom, a police spokesman said yesterday.

The thefts toch place between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m., according to Charian Colace, manager of the Paculty Club.

One theft victim, Erica S. Elsenberg '86, said yesterday that she went to the club at 6:15 p.m. to have dinner with a professor and sevoral other students and left her wallet in her coat when she left it in the controom. Two hours later she retrieved her coal and discovered her waller was missing.

Colson said thefts from the coatroom occur "a couple times a year" but added that "this is probably below average compared to the rest of the University, other clubs, and restaurants."

"We haven't had any thefts for months he said, adding that "very little money ever gets stolen."

Harvard University Police Captain Jack Moose yesterday described the coatroom as "almost impossible to watch." He added however that "any public coatroom is always subject to problems."

MOrse said thefts from the courtroom occur in rashes, with long periods in between during which nothing is stolen. While an investigation of the thefts is in progress, he said, "we'll be keeping an eye on the area."