Third World

THE MAIL

To the Editors of The Crimson:

Holly idelson's article, "Minority Protest Spills Into Second Day," failed to acknowledge many of the general concerns Third World students have voiced to Dean Moses during the past few days. In attempting to be objective. Ms.Iddelson has failed to cite the tremendous alienation felt by many Third World students toward the Freshman Deans Office, and the deep sense of betrayal they feel because of Dean Mosses inability to understand their needs. Because Ms. Idelson's article Focused on the dynamics of confrontation between Dean Moses and Third World students, it did not adequately convey the basic issues involved. The fact that the Freshman Deans Office does not employ a single Third World staff-person, the fact that the number of Third World freshman proctors has decreased dramatically during the last five years while the number of Third World freshmen has increased, the fact that Dean Moses considers supportive activities for Third World students separatist, and the fact that Dean Moses, in his infinite wisdom, arbitrarily decides which special interest groups are separatist and which are not should be her main concern. Ari Q. Fitzgerald '84