New Appointee to Administer Housing Policy for College

In a recent administrative turnover at the College housing office, Lisa M. Colvin has taken on the central position of housing officer. Colvin, who had been a staff assistant in the office, took over from outgoing officer Teresa M. Cavalier early last month.

As housing officer, Colvin said she is responsible for creating and overseeing policy for the College's thirteen residential Houses. She added that she also serves as the chief liaison between the housing office and the Dean of the College's office.

In addition, Colvin said she will distribute House funds and stipends, and will oversee personnel administration in the House offices.

The housing office is supervised by Assistant Dean of the College for Housing Thomas A. Dingman '67.

Dingman said yesterday he was "sorry to see Teresa go," but added that he was "delighted" with the appointment of Colvin to the spot. He said Colvin was well prepared for the job by her experience as an assistant in the office.

"[Colvin] has already established excellent relations with the Houses," Dingman said. Colvin's duties will include monitoring room openings in the Houses, he added.

Legal Life

Cavalier, who vacated the post, has enrolled in Harvard Law School this semester, Colvin said.

A native of Melrose, Mass., Colvin, 26, graduated from Butler University.