Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Talks Justice, Civic Engagement at Radcliffe Day

Church Says It Did Not Authorize ‘People’s Commencement’ Protest After Harvard Graduation Walkout

‘Welcome to the Battlefield’: Maria Ressa Talks Tech, Fascism in Harvard Commencement Address

Multimedia

In Photos: Harvard’s 373rd Commencement Exercises

Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

Scoreboard

TODAY'S GAMES

None scheduled.

YESTERDAY'S GAMES

Loyola 15, Women's lacrosse 6.

Enatsu Encore

Major-league life may be about to begin at 36 for Yutaka Enatsu.

After 18 years pitching for Hanshin, Nankai, Hiroshima, Nippon and Seibu in the Japanese League, the 36-year-old Enatsu is trying to hurl his way onto the Milwaukee Brewers this spring.

On Monday, he became a winner for the time in the United States in a 4-2 exhibition victory over the Seattle Mariners when the Brewers overcame a 2-1 deficit with a two run sixth inning Enatsu gave up one hit in two innings of scoreless relief and is unscored upon in four innings.

"I think he's got a good chance," said Manager George Bamberger "He's pitched as well as anybody else What did I say his chances were -- 50-50 last week' Well it's 60-40 now."

Ted Simmons, who did the catching for the Brewers, was impressed with the 5 foot 11, 185-pound left-hander.

"The man is a big league pitcher plain and simple," Simmons said.

Boston Marathon

Officials at the Boston Athletic Association say only 5,000 entries have been received for next month's Boston Marathon, which means the race may have the smallest field since 1980.

"The deadline (for official entries) passed last Saturday night, but we are still hoping to pick up another 1,000 entries that could still be in the mails," said Guy Morse, administrator of the race.

Last year, there were 6,500 entries for the 26-mile, 385-yard Hopkinton-to-Boston race. The year before there were 6,600.

"The numbers of entries in all marathons has been going down." Morse told The Boston Globe The Boston race is the only major marathon in which entrants must qualify by time.

The greatest number of entries in the Boston Marathon was 7,900 in 1979 Because the starting area in Hopkinton is small, the qualifying times were toughened after that race.

The greatest number of entries under the tougher times was 7,600 in 1982.

Entrants for this year's race include defending champion Geoff Smith of England and Ron Tabb, who finished second three years ago Morse said there are 20 men entered who have run a marathon in less than 2 20 Eight of them have done it in 2 15 or less.

Smith finished in 2 10 34 last year.

There are 12 women entered who have been clocked at 2 42 or better, including Julie Brown, who holds one of the best times ever for a woman at 2 26.

Top runners and former winners like Bill Rodgers and Greg Meyer have predicted the race will lose top entrants unless it begins offering prize money or expense money.

Morse said prize money has nothing to do with the number of entrants because few runners who enter the race hope to win prize money.