House Football Scrubbed; Playoff Seedings Settled

By Dan Breiner

Because of yesterday's unfavorable weather conditions, the Kirkland-Adams and Leverett-Mather house football games were postponed until tomorrow.

Tomorrow's scheduled opening round of playoff games has been moved back to Tuesday, Nov. 12, according to Floyd Wilson, director of intramural activities.

Wilson also clarified the playoff seedings for the house football NFL division, in which three of the four teams are tied with 1-2 records.

"For the sake of the playoffs," Wilson said, "Cabot-North (3-0) is first, Lowell is second, Eliot is third, and Winthrop is fourth."

Wilson drew lots to determine the seeding of the last three teams. "I don't like to go on the comparison of scores because it encourages teams to run up points in a game," he said.

Wilson might have a harder time determining the seeding for the AFL division, which is represented by five teams, not four. Three AFL teams--Kirkland, Adams, and Mather--could finish in a three-way tie for third place, but only two can make the playoffs. Wilson has not yet decided how to settle such a dilemma.