The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained

Armed Individuals Sighted in Harvard Square Arraigned

Harvard Students Form Coalition Supporting Slave Photo Lawsuit's Demands

Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

Police Blotter

By Charles C. Matthews

The latest University Police statistics, released October 2, indicate that since July 1 there have been no homicides, no rapes, one sexual assault, six assaults, three robberies, 16 breaking and enterings, 106 thefts of more than $100 an a 69 bike thefts reported on Harvard property.

Police estimated the value of property stolen from October 1 to October 7 to be $2670, including two bikes and a Timex clock.

The following reports of crimes were taken from notes in the University Police log last week.

October 4, 1:24 a.m.--Police responded to a telephone call that several Cambridge teenagers were fighting with Harvard students behind Grays Hall. Arriving at Grays, officers were told by a resident that the teenagers had been fighting among themselves, and had thrown a stick against a window. The teenagers were taken into protective custody by the Cambridge Police.

October 5, 2:32 p.m.--Officers observed Darrell Wallace of Dorchester asking passersby for money near Massachusetts Hall. Wallace was dressed in a priest's collar and said he was collecting for the Church of Christ in Odessa, Calif. An identification check revealed he was actually an out-patient at Boston State Hospital, and officers issued him a trespassing warning.

October 6, 1:25 a.m.--An officer noticed two men near the delivery drive of Lamont Library transacting what he thought was a drug sale. When he approached them, William D. Kirchner fled and the officer chased him on foot through the Yard, catching him on Holyoke St. When the officer grabbed the 20-year-old Arlington, Mass, resident, Kirchner allegedly punched him in the eye. In the struggle, a small plastic bag dropped from Kirchner's pocket that was identified as a narcotic. He was subsequently arrested for disorderly behavior, assault and battery on a police officer and possession of a narcotic.

Police Blotter appears weekly in The Crimson.