Corporation Meeting

From Our Readers

The following is an open letter to the Harvard Corporation.

The Harvard-Radcliffe Gay and Lesbian Students Association feels that any university administration should consider the needs and concerns of students at every level of decision-making. However, we are also aware that at Harvard this ideal is not always reached. It has taken many long years of struggle with the Harvard administration to obtain a University policy of non-discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation that defends our basic rights as members of the University community.

In light of our own difficulties getting the administration to consider our concerns, we feel that any attempt to foster dialogue between the administration and the student body is in our basic interest. Harvard University is often validly criticized for treating its students as second-class citizens. For this reason, if none other, the Harvard Corporation should open its meetings to allow students to express widely-held concerns on issues clearly within the jurisdiction of the Corporation. The Harvard-Radcliffe Gay and Lesbian Students Association urges the Corporation to do so quickly. Matthew J. Bank '88   President H-R GLSA