Squash Takes Two

Men, Women Reel In Easy Wins

By Michael J. Lartigue

The Harvard women's squash team trounced Trinity, 7-2, yesterday in Hartford, Conn., to improve its record to 3-0.

"Everyone had a tough match," freshman Jenny Holleran we were skeptical going down there, we knew it could have gone either way," freshman Jenny Holleran said.

And the Crimson's way it went, as the racquetwomen won 28 matches, while losing only nine.

Last week, Diana Edge defeated Trinity's Sophie Porter--who was Yale's number two player last year, but transferred to Trinity this year--15-12, 10-15, 18-15, 15-11 in the Princeton Invitationals. And once again, Edge got the best of Porter, defeating her 11-15, 15-8, 15-10, 15-10.

The only Crimson loses came to Trinity's number three and four players. Both Marianna Chilton and Lucy Miller lost their matches 3-2, respectively.

The Crimson players will next see action February 1-2 when they travel for two big road games against Princeton and Penn.

"Going into the match we knew it was going to be a close match," Co-Captain Diana Edge said of yesterday's match. "I knew we had the capabiltiy to win it, it was just a matter if we would."

Whether the racquetwomen are tough enough to topple Penn and Princeton remains an open question.