Results Just In: W. Skiers Win

The Harvard women's skiing team had to wait an extra couple of days for the final results of last weekend's tournament at Putney, Vt.

It was worth it.

Computer malfunctions prevented scores from being compiled on the spot, but when the technicians got their act together and phoned Cambridge, the women had won their first tournament since 1982.

Men's results from the same tournament are still pending.

The women's Nordic relay squad of Manya Deehr, Kirsten Berggren and Joy Clendenning shot the Crimson into the lead on the second day of competition. Prior to the relay, Bowdoin had held a 237-233 edge over Harvard.

However, the outstanding trio--which recorded a perfect 204-point score on the weekend--swept to a two-minute decision over the 15-kilometer course, to pull out a final 332-328 decision over the Polar Bears.

Deehr, Berggren and Clendenning had placed first, second and third in the 7-1/2-kilometer individual race Friday.

The women's Alpine corps contributed 124 points toward the cause, with Jonna Gaberman (ninth in giant slalom, 11th in slalom), Missy Dubroff (14th, 16th) and Debby Gaberman (23rd, 21st) all chipping in.

The Crimson will compete next weekend in the Division II Eastern Championships, also to be held in Putney.