Recent HRE Acquisitions

SELLER: The Hasty Pudding.

PRICE: $1 million.

CURRENT USE: Hasty Pudding Clubhouse and home of the theatrical company; Upstairs at the Pudding Restaurant.

EXPECTED USE: Harvard is expected to keep the current tenants in the building, although some Pudding officers say that within five years the club may be renting ground floor space to non-University commercial tenants in order to pay HRE's fees.

SELLER: Radcliffe College.

PRICE: $1.9 million for 1 acre of land.

CURRENT USE: Former gas station site, pottery studio and public library.

EXPECTED USE: Harvard will build 25 new townhouses to be sold on an experimental basis to faculty members at prices approaching $350,000 a piece. The University also plans to help rebuild the public library.

SELLER: Episcopal Divinity School.

PRICE: $3.4 million.

CURRENT USE: 34 apartment dormitory.

EXPECTED USE: It will continue to be used as dormitory, only now for Harvard affiliates and graduate students.

SELLER: James E. O'Brien.

PRICE: $4.4 million.

CURRENT USE: 65-67 Winthrop St. is currently office space, while the Mt. Auburn St. sites are used by several local business establishments.

EXPECTED USE: The Winthrop St. parcel will be leased to the Kennedy School for office space while the commercial tenants on Mt. Auburn will remain there for the time being.

SELLER: Elliott Mishara.

PRICE: $5.2 million.

CURRENT USE: 37 medical offices.

EXPECTED USE: Harvard officials are terminating the leases of the building's current tenants in order to make room for the extension school.

SELLER: The Architects Collaborative (TAC).

PRICE: $11.5 million.

CURRENT USE: Leased back to TAC.

EXPECTED USE: TAC will remain in the building for at least 10 years, after which Harvard may lease office space to University-related tenants.