City Manager Talks Cambridge Emergency Shelter, Discourages Street Closures in Council Meeting

On Leave Due to COVID-19 Concerns, Forty-Three Harvard Dining Workers Risk Going Without Pay

Harvard Prohibits Non-Essential University Travel Until May 31, International Travel Cancelled Until August 31

Ivy League Will Not Allow Athletes to Compete as Grad Students Despite Shortened Spring Season

‘There’s No Playbook’: Massachusetts Political Campaigns Navigate a New Coronavirus Reality

Oarswomen Thwarted By UCLA

By Jose A. Guerra

For the Radcliffe Heavyweight Crew, revenge will have to wait until Easterns.

The squad set out to the Redwood Shores Regatta in Northern California this past weekend trying to catch the Princeton Tigers, who two weeks ago handed the Black and White its first loss in over two seasons. But Princeton took top honors at Redwood while Radcliffe took third in both varsity and JV competition.

"We would've liked to have brought home some medals, but we know we're a much faster crew now," Radcliffe Captain Kristen Velyvis said. "We learned a lot out there and we had a lot of chances to improve with double workouts and more than one race in a day."

The Radcliffe crews arrived last Wednesday for several days of double-session training before the Saturday races, focusing much of its practice time on building up and holding their racing cadence at 34 strokes a minute. A slow cadence had cost the Black and White the race against Princeton two weeks earlier, and Radcliffe was still having problems keeping the pace up in a headwind.

But the varsities first heat, an easy open-water victory over Stanford Saturday morning, did not give the