City Manager Talks Cambridge Emergency Shelter, Discourages Street Closures in Council Meeting

On Leave Due to COVID-19 Concerns, Forty-Three Harvard Dining Workers Risk Going Without Pay

Harvard Prohibits Non-Essential University Travel Until May 31, International Travel Cancelled Until August 31

Ivy League Will Not Allow Athletes to Compete as Grad Students Despite Shortened Spring Season

‘There’s No Playbook’: Massachusetts Political Campaigns Navigate a New Coronavirus Reality

Night Music

Beer and cigarette smoke mix in the darkness, giving way to an ambience of noisy excitement and adventure. Performers sway and jump, creating blurs in the colored spotlights. The experience is surreal: the blaring rhythms of the music, and the contrast between the darkness and tungsten highlights serve to envelop the senses, overwhelming reality.

The camera captures it all: strobelights cut through the darkness and the lens focuses the haze. Women drink light beers and scream in their friends' ears; men, while eyeing the women, are sometimes caught strumming imaginary guitar chords, imitating their counterparts on stage. Through it all, the performers remain oblivious, pumping out music through amplified speakers and posing in the beams of light which punctuate a sea of blackness.