Undergraduates Celebrate Second Consecutive Virtual Housing Day

Dean of Students Office Discusses Housing Day, Anti-Racism Goals

Renowned Cardiologist and Nobel Peace Prize Winner Bernard Lown Dies at 99

Native American Nonprofit Accuses Harvard of Violating Federal Graves Protection and Repatriation Act

U.S. Reps Assess Biden’s Progress on Immigration at HKS Event

Year In Review 1989-1990

May

. The Navy reversed its request that two former ROTC cadets who are gay, including David E. Carney '89, return their scholarship money.

The Association of American Universities wrote a letter to the military expressing concern over its anti-gay policy, adding its voice to the many condemnations of the policy, including that of the Harvard and MIT faculties.

. A jury convicted suspended Law School student Kevin T. Watkins of the rape of a Harvard undergraduate in December, 1988.

. The Harvard women's lacrosse team beat the Maryland Terrapins, 15-0, to win the NCAA championship.

. Cambridge City Manager Robert W. Healy appointed veterinarian Stuart E. Wiles commissioner of laboratory animals--the first post of its kind in the nation.

. The Cambridge City Council unanimously passes three environmental ordinances to limit environmentally unsafe packaging, protect the ozone layer, and restrict motor oil disposal.

. Marking a significant gain in its efforts to bolster depleting ranks, the English Department announced that three scholars--two outside and one at Harvard--accepted tenure offers. Daniel G. Donoghue was the first English scholar to receive tenure in eight years.

. President Bok announced he will step down in June, 1991. His departure, in addition to Spence's resignation, will leave Harvard's two top posts empty and will delay the University-wide fund drive, administrators say.

. Jack R. Meyer was named the new president of the Harvard Management Corporation, which oversees the University's more than $5 billion endowment.