M. Ruggers Top B.C., Remain Undefeated

By Sean Becker

While the football team spent Saturday at West Point trying to impersonate Buster Douglas, the men's rugby teams took over Soldiers Field and made sure that no upsets would be taking place on its home turf.

The Crimson A-side established itself early and ran its record to 3-0 with a 38-0 drubbing of visiting Boston College. The B-side also squelched any B.C. hopes of an upset with a convincing 17-4 victory that kept the B-team's record unblemished.

The A-side set the tone for the mismatch early, scoring two tries within the game's opening 10 minutes. Junior forward Ben Frickle scored twice, and by halftime the Crimson was ahead, 20-0.

"It was good to see that we didn't let up in the second half," Harvard Co-Captain Jim Barker said. "Last week when the A-team played against Holy Cross, we let up a bit in the second half."

The Crimson didn't relent on Saturday, however. Led by fly-half Andrew Pinkerton, Harvard came out of the locker room to score 18 unanswered points and solidify its place at the top of the Metro League.

Killer B's

The B-side was similarly consistent in its effort against B.C. The Crimson back row, anchored by Steve Raser, held the Eagles to just four points, while the offense, led by fly-half Bob Jordan, kept the play in the B.C. zone.

Metro League rival Northeastern comes to Soldiers Field this Saturday, but both Harvard teams already have their sights on a match with Boston University in three weeks. As the Crimson is well aware, the game could decide the Metro title.

"The big game we're shooting for is in three weeks against B.U.," Co-Captain Soren Oberg said. "Their coach [Martin Kingston] coached us last year, and we're really looking forward to it."