Police Name Suspect In Lacrosse Gun Assault

Suspect In Friday Incident Still at Large

By Richelle Nessralla, Contributing Reporter

Four lacrosse team members have positively identified the man who pulled a gun on them last Friday afternoon at the Dillon Field House and the Kennedy Park, police officials said yesterday.

The suspect, Christopher Ingram, is wanted for assault with a deadly weapon, according to Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) Chief Paul E. Johnson. Ingram remains at large.

Prior to Friday's incident, Ingram was sought by law enforcement officials in several jurisdictions. Boston police, Cambridge police and the U.S. Marshal's office had issued warrants for his arrest.

Police reports describe the suspect as a "Caucasian male, 5'11," of medium build, with light brown hair and blue eyes." Ingram appears to be about 30 years old.

The Portland, Me. resident was last seen wearing tan pants, a gray tee-shirt, a blue or black jacket and aviator-type glasses.

At least one member of the lacrosse team recognized Ingram from a police photo in the Dillon Field House, according to Johnson.

Harvard police have posted Ingram's photograph because they suspect him in connection with several larcenies in the athletic area.

Players Threatened Twice

When at least one lacrosse player approached the suspect, Ingram allegedly brandished a small caliber silver pistol. He then left the field and crossed Anderson Bridge, according to team members.

The players, joined by one or two coaches, followed him into Kennedy Park where Ingram allegedly threatened them with the gun a second time, Johnson said.

Lacrosse team members positively identified Ingram from an HUPD file photo. Police have sent the suspect's picture and a description to the state and local police agencies, Johnson said.

Ingram was last seen somewhere in the vicinity of the Charles Hotel, which is located on Eliot St.