Harvard University Police Log

The following incidents were reported to the University Police Department for the week ending February 8.

February 3: An unknown person removed a print from the walls on the second floor of Burr Hall. Value: $150.00.

February 3: An unknown person removed a coat from a coat rack in Aldrich Hall. Value: $50.00.

February 3: A car parked in the Cowperthwaite Street Lot was broken into and the glove compartment was ransacked. No other damage was done.

February 4: A coat left in an unattended shopping bag at the coat rack of the Harvard Union was taken by an unknown person. Value: $134.00.

February 4: A person came into Widener Library and created a disturbance. Before leaving the building he did some damage to a display case and removed several items. A couple of the items were recovered the following day.

February 4: A laptop computer that was left overnight in Baker Library was missing when the owner returned the following morning. Value: $2,500.00.

February 4: A student left a watch outside a squash court at Hemenway Gym and after the game it was found missing. Value: $210.00.

February 4: A pair of boots left beside a locker in Malkin Center was missing when the owner returned for them 45 minutes later. Value: $200.00.

February 7: A friend of a student was assaulted by a student at Dunster House.

February 8: Two notebook computers were taken from a locked office at the Kennedy School. There was no sign of forced entry. Value: $1,600.00.

February 8: A student was assaulted by an individual (she knew). Incident took place outside her room at Dunster House. The student was advised of her options under 209A, and stated that she would make up her mind in the morning.

Also reported were three bike thefts, 15 medical assists, 11 cash/wallets/pocketbooks stolen, one harassing phone call, and three instances of recovered property.