There comes a time in a senior's life when she realizes she is old.

For me, that wistful mini-epiphany occurred as I watched Andrew McCarthy and Rosalind Chao trying to play college students during one of the eight flashbacks in "The Joy Luck Club." They looked ancient. At least 35. Rosalind (of AfterM*A*S*H fame--she played Klinger's Korean wife) had age spots. And Andrew, Andrew just looked ravaged.

I have a soft spot for old Andrew. He was my favorite brat packer back in the mid '80s. I adored the tortured journalist he played in "St. Elmo's Fire" and the tortured rich kids he played in "Pretty in Pink" and "Less than Zero." His on-screen whining and whimpering moved me. And he was cute. My heart warmed to see his adorable face, after all these years, in a real quality film--don't even mention "Weekend at Bernie's I & II." Actually any flash from the '80s warms my heart. As I'm writing this little intro piece, my fellow Crimeds and I are indulging in a joyful cacklefilled trip down memory lane.

"Who sang 'The Neverending Story?"'Tarek asks.

Limahl.

"And in what group was he the lead singer?"

Kajagoogoo.

"Too shy-shy/hush-hush..." Joanna starts humming.

"What was the lowest rated show ever from the mid '80s?" Ted throws out a stumper.

Manimal.

The flashbacks in this mag don't stop here. B.A. Baracus is back and in this week's Scrutiny. He's 41!! years old, tough, and tender. He talked dining utensils, comic books, and Gary Coleman with Dan Sharfstein. We're pretty psyched and hope you are, too.

And if you just don't get why trips back to the '80s charm us so, just remember..."Now the world don't move to the beat of just one drum/what might be right for you may not be right for some..."