Columbia, Dartmouth Close in on Ivy Titles

Kohler Third Freshman to Win Weekly Honor

The Harvard men's soccer team's heralded freshman class captured another honor this weekend: midfielder Will Kohler became the third Harvard player named the Ivy League's Rookie of the Week.

Kohler racked up four points (one goal, two assists) in the rejuvenated Crimson's stunning 4-1 defeat of 14th-ranked Hartwick last Wednesday. Harvard also upset Dartmouth, 1-0, to complete the team's best week of the season.

Freshmen T.J. Carella (10/4) and David Bonita (10/18) have also won the Rookie of the Week honor, making it three times in seven weeks the award has gone to the Crimson.

The three awards are matched only by Princeton, which has seen Andre Parris win it twice (9/27, 10/11) and Andrew Lewis (10/25) once. One week remains in the season.

Clash of the Titans

The biggest game in both the men's and women's leagues was last Saturday's matchup between the once-defeated Columbia men's soccer team and undefeated Princeton for (barring an upset this week) the Ivy League championship.

Playing in Princeton, Columbia's Rikki Dadason scored three goals to lead his team past the Tigers, 3-1, and in all probability into the Ivy League's automatic NCAA tournament berth.

Dadason won player of the Week honors for his efforts. Columbia must defeat 1-4 Dartmouth to cinch the automatic bid.

On the women's side, 14th-ranked Dartmouth (6-0) clinched at least a tie for the Ancient Eight crown with its 1-0 victory over Harvard. Cornell is one game behind at 5-1, but that one loss is to the Big Green.

With Columbia its only remaining opponent, Dartmouth has a legitimate chance at holding the entire Ivy League scoreless. No Ivy team has scored yet on goalie Michelle Conroy, and the Lions have managed just four Ivy goals all season.