Police Arrest Man Possessing Drugs

By Marios V. Broustas

A Harvard police chase through Soldiers Field Park Garage ended in the arrest of a Mattapan man, who was later found to be in possession of crack cocaine Saturday night.

At 9:15 p.m., Officers Brian Lakin, Robert Kotowski, Lt. Jack Stanton and Sgt. John Miller responded to call from a woman who spotted a suspicious man entering the garage through an unlocked gate, police said.

Lakin and Kotowski arrived on the scene first and spotted a Chevy Blazer driving down from the garage's upper levels. The other two officers were then called in for backup, Miller said.

After a brief chase, the officers cornered the Chevy Blazer on the garage's lower level. Police then arrested Batron Sullivan, 26, of the Mattapan section of Boston.

Miller said Sullivan was arraigned on a number of charges including possession of crack cocaine.

Police also said Sullivan had broken into the Chevy Blazer. The car's door lock and steering wheel were damaged by Sullivan's break-in. Sullivan was carrying tools used for breaking into cars, police said.

Miller said Sullivan has several warrants out for his arrest and is on parole. The case is expected to go top trial, the sergeant said.

Sullivan could not be reached for comment.