Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

CIA's Main Purpose Is Enhancing Corporate Power

TO THE EDITORS

Along with noted author and political analyst Michael Parenti, I think a more appropriate term for the Central Intelligence Agency is Capitalism's International Army or Cocaine Import Agency.

The CIA has been very successful at keeping the poor of other countries in line with death squads, torture and proxy armies and the poor of the United States under control with drugs. The main purpose of the CIA is not intelligence but protecting and enchancing corporate power and global capitalism.

When the CIA recieves adverse publicity for its crimes, it is portrayed as either a rogue agency or a bumbling agency making all sorts of stupid mistakes. It is neither! It is an extremely successful agency for its mission, which is to keep the poor powerless and disorganized and a source of very cheap labor for the multinational corporations. --Gary Sudborough