Women's Soccer Still Undefeated

The Harvard women's soccer team keeps on going and going and going.

Although Harvard easily defeated Holy Cross yesterday, 3-1, for a while last Saturday, it looked as though it might have been going, going, gone.

Harvard (5-0-0, 2-0-0 Ivy) extended its Ivy League winning streak to 16 games with a 2-1 victory against arch-rival Yale (3-2-1, 0-1-1).

The Crimson was behind 1-0 until late in the second half, putting its three-year league winning streak in jeopardy.

With 14 minutes left in the game, freshman forward Gina Foster scored the tying goal, her first-ever goal. Foster earned Ivy League Rookie of the Week honors.

Sophomore forward Naomi Miller had the assist on Foster's goal, and scored the game-winner with 11 seconds left in regulation.

Miller made the Ivy honor roll for the second consecutive week.

The win kept Harvard at the top of the league standings with Dartmouth.

Dartmouth (4-1-0, 2-0-0) pummeled Princeton (3-3-0, 1-1-0).

Dartmouth senior Jenna Kurowski was named Ivy Player of the Week for the second straight time.

Kurowski tied an Ivy League record by scoring four goals against the Tigers.

Though winless in the Ancient Eight, the Lions roared last week. Columbia (5-1-0, 0-1-0) won all three games it played, defeating Army, Wagner and Central Connecticut. The win against Army was the first in 11 tries.

Columbia's sole loss this season was to Harvard. The Lions' rookie goalkeeper Alison Ahern has a 0.60 goals-against average in non-league games.

Brown (1-4-2, 0-0-1) picked up its first win of the season by beating Holy Cross, 2-0. The Bears' offensive struggles remained a problem in 4-0 losses to Maryland and James Madison.

Cornell (2-4-0, 0-1-0) and Penn (1-4-1, 0-1-0) stayed at the bottom of the league standings.

Cornell managed to pick up a 1-0 win against Hartford, but lost to Colgate 2-1 in overtime. The Big Red faded in the stretch after leading until three minutes before the end of regulation.

Penn played Bucknell to a 2-2 tie, but suffered a 5-0 thrashing versus Monmouth.

All eight league rivals will face off this weekend. Columbia will be at Cornell and Princeton will play at Yale on Saturday; Dartmouth goes to Brown and Harvard travels to Penn on Sunday.