Welcome to The 1997 Career Forum and Study Abroad Fair

The sixteenth annual OCS-sponsored Career Forum and Study Abroad Fair will be held at the Gordon Track and Tennis Center, on Friday, October 17th from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The Career Forum will feature representatives from 120 prominent organizations covering 16 industries. This program is designed for students and alumni to learn about career and job opportunities available for liberal arts graduates. Many of the companies and non-profits at this year's forum will be participating in on-campus recruiting. The Career Forum and Study Abroad Fair also hosts our International Experience Program. Learn more about Study abroad and Work Abroad. Representative from the Office of Career Services along with representatives from 30 various Study Abroad programs, will also be at the Gordon Track and Tennis Center. See the floor plan on p. 16-17.

The Forum is an excellent opportunity for seniors, graduate students, and recent alumni to explore the range of training programs in advertising, management, consulting, consumer products, investment banking, communications, media, public service, sales, teaching, and many other industries. Now is your chance to find out what positions are available with which companies. Put the rumors to rest and speak first hand with company representatives. Take the opportunity to discuss their company, the competition, and the industry. It is not necessary to have your resume with you when you come to the Forum. If you do give company representatives your resume and would like to interview with them when they visit Harvard, you must register and submit a resume through the Recruiting Office as well. See the procedures for Fall and Spring recruiting on p. 6 of this supplement.

Underclassmen should take advantage of the Forum to learn about summer jobs, internships, and study abroad.

Collect company literature and explore career possibilities before it is too late. There is a wealth of information available to help you with your career quest. Take advantage of it!