Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

Turco Elected HSA Head

By Abby Y. Fung, CRIMSON STAFF WRITER

The board of directors of Harvard Student Agencies (HSA) last night chose Catherine J. Turco '99 as its next president, from a field of three candidates.

She who will take office on Feb. 1.

Current HSA President Amit A. Tiwari '98 said that Turco's dedication to the organization makes her very qualified for the job.

"I have a lot of confidence in Cathy," said Tiwari, who is also a Crimson editor. "She's proven herself through her years of dedication at HSA, and I know she has what it takes to effectively lead the organization in a year of continued entrepreneurship and business leadership."

To be eligible to run for HSA president, one must first be elected to its board of directors by the 1,200 eligible voting members of HSA, Tiwari said.

Aaron P. Easterly '99, Bentsion R. Harder '99, Mans O. Larsson '99, Rachel Perez '99, Kimble Poon '99, Anna C. Portnoy '99, Jon M. Sakoda '99, Bede M. Sheppard '00, Caroline R. Sherman '98 and Turco were elected to the Board on Oct. 8.

The 10 undergraduates are part of the 24-member board of directors, which includes seven Harvard alumni and seven Harvard administrators, Tiwari said.

Only board members may run for the position of HSA president. After two days of speeches, presentations and question-and-answer sessions, the 24-member board votes for its desired candidate.

Easterly and Sakoda also vied for the presidency.