W. HOCKEY FACES BIGGEST CHALLENGE OF THE SEASON TONIGHT AGAINST NO. 1 RANKED BROWN

This weekend Harvard athletic teams are entering the midpoint of their season--a time where each game becomes crucial and standings are watched in earnest. Youth is expected to be matured, kinks ironed out and true potential achieved.

The Harvard women's hockey team's maturity will surely be tested tonight at Bright Hockey Center as the two top teams in the ECAC, Brown and Providence, will invade Bright Hockey Center.

The first challenge for Harvard (record) will be Saturday afternoon against undefeated Brown, who enters the contest 13-0-0 in the league and boasts the ECAC goaltending leader in freshman Alison Brewer (0.67 goals against average).

The two teams met once earlier this season, but the Crimson hope to keep that game buried in the past. It was just one month ago when Harvard ventured up to Brown only to endure a 10-4 loss. Despite two goals by sophomore Claudia Asano, Harvard was clearly outmatched by the ECAC powerhouse that day as the Bears posted double digits on the scoreboard--the only team to achieve that feat against the Crimson this season.