The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

OH, UNTIMELY DEATH

A summary of views, commentary and sometimes comedy compiled by The Harvard Crimson editorial staff.

By Dan. S. Aibel

"We have now completed the majority of work in moving to the new central FAS Unix environment," reads FAS Manager of Networking and Unix Systems William J. Ouchark's World Wide Web announcement. "As such...we will be retiring the system husc7.harvard.edu from service effective 10 a.m. on Tuesday, April 29th, 1997."

We at Dartboard are deeply saddened by the demise of husc7. One of our favorite computers to log in from after fas2, course2, course3 and course1, husc7 served us well through thick and thin.

We remember times in days long gone by when the fas computer would crash, but somehow husc7 would find a way to trudge on through the adversity, delivering our e-mail when no other computer would. And on yet other occasions, we remember the load being so heavy on fas that e-mail would become inaccessible for hours at a time. But husc7 would keep zipping right along, completely indifferent to the travails of the other computers.

So long husc7. We will cherish the memories.