City Manager Talks Cambridge Emergency Shelter, Discourages Street Closures in Council Meeting

On Leave Due to COVID-19 Concerns, Forty-Three Harvard Dining Workers Risk Going Without Pay

Harvard Prohibits Non-Essential University Travel Until May 31, International Travel Cancelled Until August 31

Ivy League Will Not Allow Athletes to Compete as Grad Students Despite Shortened Spring Season

‘There’s No Playbook’: Massachusetts Political Campaigns Navigate a New Coronavirus Reality

Labor Supporters Protest at College

By Barbara E. Martinez

On Monday, members of several labor organizations, including workers from the Detroit News, the Detroit Free Press and Union Summer picketed the Yard. The labor organizations have waged more than 10 protests during the past three months to force action on the part of James I. Cash, Robinson professor of business at the Harvard Business School (HBS).

Cash is a member of the Board of directors of the Knight-Ridder Corporation. A Federal Court ruled on June 20 that two papers owned by both Knight-Ridder and the Gannet Company had engaged in unfair labor practices by locking out workers who had been on strike since July 1995.

Union members have been forbidden to protest on HBS property and at Cash's home in Weston. They seek a statement from Cash objecting to Knight-Ridder's appeal of the court's decision.