Records in Sight for Feaster

HIGHLIGHTS

By Eduardo Perez-giz

History will be made at Harvard this coming Monday, and surprisingly, it will not be in academia.

Crimson athletics takes center stage on January 26, and Harvard women's basketball team co-captain Allison Feaster will have the spotlight on her. Feaster needs just 17 points to break the Ivy League all-time scoring record of 1,933 points, currently held by Gail Koziara '82 of Dartmouth.

Feaster is also a mere six rebounds shy of recording 1,000 for her career. With her season averages at 28.7 points per game--tops in the nation--and 10.0 rebounds per game, it is almost a given that both marks will fall this Monday night when the Crimson battles Lehigh at Lavietes Pavilion at 7 p.m.

Feaster, who has been voted the Ivy League Player of the Year in each of the last two seasons, has led Harvard to a 12-2 overall record--the best in the history of the program--and a perfect 3-0 league mark this season. She and her teammates hope to win their third consecutive Ivy League Championship and clinch yet another berth in the NCAA Toournament.

Monday night, however, all eyes will be on Feaster as she leaves the rest of the Ancient Eight in her wake. If she continues on her current pace, next Saturday versus Yale Feaster will become the only woman--and second person--in league history to grab 1,000 rebounds and score better than 2,000 points in a career.