Canucks' Keenan Wins 500th; Devils Outlast' Canes

DENVER--Vancouver Canucks coach Mike Keenan earned his 500th career victory as goaltender Garth Snow blanked the Colorado Avalanche.

Peter Zezel and Mark Messier scored first-period goals, and the Canucks added two shorthanded goals in the second period.

Keenan's 500th win tied him with former Montreal coach Toe Blake for fifth place in NHL history.

Snow, posting his second shutout of the season, had 35 saves, while Colorado's Craig Billington had 22. Colorado went 0-for-8 on the power play.

Devils 3, Hurricanes 2

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J.--Jay Pandolfo scored on a backhander in close with 1:23 left in overtime to give the New Jersey Devils a 3-2 victory over the Carolina Hurricanes yesterday night.

The game winner came just 10 seconds after the Hurricanes killed off the Devils' eighth power play of the game and gave New Jersey its fifth straight victory at home and seventh in the last nine overall.

Devils defenseman Scott Niedermayer had forced the overtime when he put his own rebound past Arturs Irbe with 4:03 to play in regulation.

Bruins 5, Panthers 5

BOSTON--Scott Mellanby, Mark Parrish and Robert Svehla scored third-period goals as the Florida Panthers rallied from a three-goal deficit to tie the Boston Bruins.

It was the Bruins' third overtime game in their last five outings. The Bruins are 0-1-4 in overtime games this season.

Florida is 0-0-3 in overtime contests.

Boston goaltender Byron Dafoe turned away 40 shots, including two in overtime. Florida's Sean Burke made 24 saves.

Canadiens 4, Flames 3

MONTREAL--Eric Houde and Jonas Hoglund each scored his first goal of the season in the third period to lift the Montreal Canadiens over the Calgary Flames last night.

The goals erased a 3-2 Calgary lead and gave goaltender Jeff Hackett the win in his first start with Montreal, which had lost four in a row.

Penguins 5, Lightning 1

TAMPA, Fla.--Stu Barnes scored twice during a five-goal second period and Martin Straka added a goal and two assists as the Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Tampa Bay Lightning yesterday.

Nashville 3, St. Louis 2

NASHVILLE, Tenn.--Cliff Ronning scored with 38.9 seconds left and the Nashville Predators came back from an early two-goal deficit to beat the St. Louis Blues 3-2 last night.