SUNDAY MAR 14

LISTINGS

Say the name really fast, and people will think you're talking about Austin Powers. The Harvard University Art Museum proudly presents "The Annual E. Power Biggs Memorial Bach Recital," with Werner Jakob, founder and artistic director of Nuremberg's Musica Sacra Festival. Adolphus Busch Hall, 29 Kirkland St. 495-4544. 3 p.m. $8 students.

If only you could take it for credit. "Duo 101" presents Diane Heffner on clarinet and Megan Henderson on piano. Harvard-Epworth United Methodist Church, 1555 Mass. Ave. 354-0837. 5 p.m. $5 suggested donation for students.

Join the old-school culture club. The Boston Chamber Music Society presents the fabulous tunes of Beethoven, Mozart and Dvorak tonight. Sanders Theatre. 496-2222. 7:30 p.m. $24/$16/$12 students; $5 student rush tickets at 7:25 p.m.

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu. Parting is such sweet sorrow, but all good things must end someday. "Sanctuary: The 8th International Women's Day Exhibit," co-sponsored by the Women's Caucus for the Arts and the Bunting Institute, may run until Friday, but the closing reception is tonight. Maurine and Robert Rothschild Gallery, Bunting Institute, 34 Concord Ave. 495-8212. 5 to 7 p.m. FREE.

It is the last of the firsts. A paradox of sorts. Well, really, a ballet of sorts. The Festival of Firsts ends tonight. Performances include the company premiere of Le Jeun Homme et la Mort, with music by Johann Sebastian Bach and choreography by Roland Petit, and the world premieres of Bachianas, choreography by Daniel Pelzig, and Corybantic, choreography by Christopher Wheeldon of the New York City Ballet. The Shubert Theatre, 265 Tremont St., Boston. 482-9393. 2 p.m. $25-64.

So you had to spend all of last weekend avoiding your love because you didn't think your super-square parents would approve. The wounds won't scar if you make it up to your sweetie at "Our Love Is Here to Stay," with Lynne Jackson and Mike Palter, part of the George Gershwin Centennial Celebration. Soon blue skies will be smiling at you too. Orpheum Theatre, Foxborough Common, Foxborough. 508-543-2787. 3 p.m. $26.50 students.

Tonight's the night to practice Riverdancing to the traditional Irish tunes of The Chieftains, brought to you by the Boston Center for Adult Education. Symphony Hall, 301 Mass. Ave. 267-4430. 8 p.m. $49 plus $6 registration fee includes concert and last Wednesday's lecture.

Even FM's own scrutiny couldn't unravel the mystery of the Kong's Comedy Studio. Take matters into your own hands and stop by to watch the improv comedy troupe Comedie du Jour. The Hong Kong, 1236 Mass. Ave. 661-6507. 8 p.m. $5.

As Dr. Frank-N-Furter says in The Rocky Horror Picture Show, "I see you shiver with antici...pation." But you don't have to wait for Wednesday to start your St. Patrick's Day fun. Hibernia has a week of Irish-themed events lined up to get you into the spirit. The fun starts tonight with the Frames performing live. Hibernia, 25 Kingston St., Boston. 292-2333. 9 p.m. $10.