Everything Under the Sun

Student groups officially recognized by the Dean of Students' Office during the 1998-99 school year.

Architecture Club of Harvard (ArCH)

Seeks to promote awareness and understanding of architecture, urban planning, landscape architecture and civil engineering in the Harvard community

BAGELS

Concerned with the political, social, and cultural issues regarding queer sexuality and Judaism.

Forro Ibero Americano

Concerned with the political, social and cultural issues regarding Latino men on Harvard University's campus and beyond.

Funk Appreciation Society

Aims to expand appreciation of Funk on the Harvard campus and worldwide. The society will promote the adoption of Funk as a way of life and transcendental being.

Get Ready!

Seeks to help high school students in underprivileged communities prepare for the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and the college admissions process, while involving their families and communities in their preparation.

Group for Civic Development

Concerned with the political, social, and economic aspects of city life.

Harvard Backgammon Society

Provides a forum for all undergraduate students at Harvard with an interest in backgammon.

Harvard Boston Area Students Involved in Community (BASIC)

Vows to create a coalition of service-minded students in the Boston area. Will investigate and work to satisfy the most pressing needs in the city by 1) linking students to already existing programs and 2) generating new programs as well.

The Harvard Celtic Society

Explores the heritage of the world's Celtic cultures.

Harvard College Social Enterprise (HCSE)

Founded on the belief that a business approach is an effective means to solving community problems, and that businesses in turn must have a strong commitment to the community. Building a bridge between businesses and service organizations by promoting awareness about the potential of businesses to effect positive social change.

The Harvard Current

A bimonthly current events magazine which aims to provide substantive information about contemporary topics in a manner accessible to the campus readership.

Harvard Focus Europe

A publication dedicated to promoting awareness and fostering interest in the European Union and its member nations.

Harvard Friends of Chabad

Aims to promote greater awareness and understanding of the warmth and depth of Torah Judaism among the members of the Harvard community.

Harvard German Society

Aims to help German-speaking students and students interested in issues concerning the German-speaking world to get together and share common interests and pursuits.

Harvard International Development Group

Committed to exploring issues in international development through both study and practice in coordination with the Harvard Institute for International Development.

Harvard Percussion Ensemble

Allows percussionists to perform as soloists in pieces written specifically for concert percussion.

Harvard-Radcliffe EMPOWER (Encouraging Mankind to Perceive Others With Equal Respect)

Addressed concerns of the community of students at Harvard with disabilities or with family members with disabilities, through support groups, speaker series, and increasing awareness.

Harvard-Radcliffe RSI Action

Aims to increase awareness of repetitive strain injuries in the undergraduate Harvard community and provide information and support to Faculty of Arts and Sciences students with repetitive strain injuries.

Harvard-Radcliffe Scandinavian Folk and Culture Society

Concerned with the political, social, and cultural issues regarding Scandinavia.

The Harvard Thai Society

Promotes international understanding of the Thai heritage and interaction among Thai students at Harvard.

Harvard Theatre Advisory Group (HTAG)

A forum for discussion, advising, and action on issues of mutual interest for the Harvard performing arts community.

Icon Magazine

A digital publication dedicated to enhancing the power of storytelling through a sensitive, thoughtful, and passionate exploration of the medium of the World Wide Web.

Impact

An organization of Harvard students committed to raising awareness among the Harvard community of issues and hardships faced by the populations of developing countries, and to raising funds for emergency relief and development projects.

InterCity

Committed to exploring the issue of the widening rich/poor technological gap in an active, enlightened perspective.

Satire V

A publication devoted to using a comedic medium to provide the student body of Harvard College with meaningful social critiques, poignant satires, and entertainment.

Societas Latinitatis

Resolves that the Latin tongue should be spoken, and that the garrulous Muse, as if recalled from exile, should at last be restored to her former prestige.

South Asian Women's Collective

Exists to create a space for the political, social and cultural interests of South Asian women on the Harvard University campus.

Students for Humane and Responsible Economics (SHARE)

Seeks to provide its members and other Harvard College students with a broader perspective on economics than is traditionally conveyed in economics courses.

Tnchz Folk Ensemble

Concerned with presenting the dance culture of Hungary to the Harvard community and the community at large and raising awareness about Eastern European Dance.

TAPS

Provides interested Harvard undergraduates with the opportunity to practice and perform tap dancing on a regular basis.

Women and Youth in Support of Each Other (WYSE)

A curriculum-based group mentorship program that provides young women with the resources, information and support necessary to make informed and responsible decisions about relationships, sexuality, and their future.

Zalacain

A magazine that aims to include as many different opinions and media of expression as possible within one publication dealing with Latin American culture.

--Courtesy of the Dean of Students' Office