W. Tennis Triumphant in Harvard Tourney

The Harvard women's tennis team held court at the Murr Center over the weekend, taking four of seven titles in the Harvard Indoor Invitational.

Playing five singles flights and two doubles draws, Crimson players took two singles and both doubles tournaments.

Sophomore Fleur Broughton beat Columbia's Laila Shetty 6-4, 6-0, to win the third singles flight. Broughton cruised to the finals after beating Boston College's Anisha Fernando and Boston University's Jeanine Baillie.

In the fourth singles flight, Crimson freshman Lara Naqushbandi won easily, 6-1, 6-1, over Brown's Irene Adsuar.

Junior Sanaz Ghazal and freshman Sanja Bajin teamed up for an 8-1 win in the finals of the first division doubles, beating teammates Vedica Jain, a senior, and sophomore Andrea Magyera.

The second-division doubles finals featured Broughton and sophomore Sarah McGinty, who combined for a 9-7 win over Dartmouth's Courtney Smalley and Sarita Yardi.

In the top singles flight, Jain won her first match but fell in the semifinals. Ghazal lost her opening singles match and dropped her next match in the backdraw.

Bajin lost to B.C.'s Kiren Fernando in the finals for the second flight.

The Crimson will host Minnesota on Saturday.