Four Arrested on Drug Possession

By Joseph P. Flood, Crimson Staff Writer

Last Friday three residents of Cambridge and a Medford man were arrested for drug possession near the Malkin Athletic Center.

While walking down Holyoke St., two Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) officers saw four men acting strangely in the stairwell to the basement entrance of the Phoenix.

"The officers observed some suspicious activity that led them to investigate, and they came upon a drug deal," said HUPD spokesperson Steven Catalano.

After discovering marijuana and hallucinogenic mushrooms on the men, none of whom are Harvard students or affiliated with the Phoenix, the officers called for back-up and put the four under arrest.

The officers were delayed in bringing the suspects back to HUPD when one of the older police cars stalled in the middle of the street, blocking traffic.

"They were arresting a couple of kids and they broke down, so they asked me for jumper cables," said Mike Leo, a University of New Hampshire student whose car was blocked in while the van needed to be jumpstarted.