POLICE LOG

By Jenifer L. Steinhardt, Crimson Staff Writer

May 12

2:26 a.m.—A Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) officer was dispatched to the G-Entryway of Canaday Hall to check for a suspicious individual. A search failed to locate the suspect.

May 13

11:21 a.m.—HUPD officers were sent to Harvard Dental School to file a report for a stolen wallet.

11:18 p.m.—An HUPD officer received a call regarding a suspicious oil drum inside Leverett House. The officer removed the oil drum from the building.

May 14

1:15 a.m.—An HUPD officer was dispatched to the parking lot outside the Malkin Athletic Center (MAC) after receiving a report of an individual urinating on the building. The officer was unable to locate the suspect.

9:07 a.m.—HUPD officers arrested 25-year-old Angelo Hernandez, of Cambridge, on Sumner Road for posessing marijuana.

May 15

10:25 a.m.—An HUPD officer was dispatched to Adams House after receiving a report of a suspicious person who fled after the caller returned home to find the individual trespassing in the caller’s room. A search for the suspect, described as a black male wearing a tan suit and a “scally” cap, turned up negative.

5:44 p.m.—An HUPD officer was sent to the MAC on a report of an individual threatening the building’s staff. The officer removed the suspect from the property.

May 16

7:36 a.m.—An HUPD officer filed a report of a wood chipper stolen from Canaday Hall.

5:05 p.m.—An HUPD officer was dispatched to 38 Oxford St. to investigate the report of an individual in the building who had previously been issued a trespass warning. The officer arrested 35-year-old James Flynn, of Somerville, for trespassing.

9:47 p.m.—An HUPD officer was dispatched to the Biological Labs after receiving a report of a chemical spill. The Cambridge Fire Department and Harvard’s Environmental Health and Safety Services also responded to the incident. There were no injuries.

May 17

3:34 p.m.—An HUPD officer filed a report of harassment at the Peabody Museum.

7:24 p.m.—An HUPD officer was dispatched to the Loeb Drama Center to investigate a report of two individuals smoking marijuana at the rear of the building. The officer was unable to locate the suspects.

10:36 p.m.—An HUPD officer responded to noise complaints at the Harvard Lampoon, a semi-secret Sorrento Square social organization which used to occasionally publish a so-called humor magazine. The Lampoon members agreed to lower the volume of their music.

May 18

3:15 a.m.—An HUPD officer was dispatched to Rockerfeller Hall after receiving reports that a subject was peeping into windows. A search for the suspect came up negative.

3:13 p.m.—An HUPD officer filed a report of a laptop stolen from Quincy House.

—Staff writer Jenifer L. Steinhardt can be reached at steinhar@fas.harvard.edu.