POLICE LOG

By Hana R. Alberts, Crimson Staff Writer

Feb 16:

1:25:51 a.m.—Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) officers arrested 22-year-old Dorchester resident Michael Harris for shoplifting at CitySports. He was concealing merchandise under his clothes.

Feb. 17:

9:06:30 a.m.—An officer was dispatched to the Center for Middle Eastern Studies on Mass. Ave. to take a report of an unknown substance in the stairwell. The substance was identified to be plaster.

5:06:27 p.m.—An officer was sent to Lowell House on a report of stolen tools.

Feb. 18:

3:17:27 a.m.—An HUPD officer was sent to Widener Library to investigate a report of snowboarders there. The parties were gone on arrival.

12:06:12 p.m.—An officer observ ed a person acting suspiciously at the Greenhouse Cafe in the Science Center. The subject was issued a trespass warning and escorted from the property.

1:57:14 p.m.—Officers arrested an individual in the Maxwell Dworkin building. David Scrima, 43, of New York City, was placed under arrest for trespassing.

9:41:21 p.m.—HUPD officers were dispatched to Au Bon Pain on Mass. Ave. on a report of stolen food. The subject was gone on arrival.

9:52:43 p.m.—An officer was sent to the Bright Hockey Center to investigate a report of stolen ice skates.

Feb. 19:

12:52:30 a.m.—An HUPD officer observed four individuals acting suspiciously outside the building of the Lampoon, a semi-secret Sorrento Square social organization that used to occassionally publish a so-called humor magazine. The officer sent them on their way.

Feb. 20:

9:57:10 p.m.—An officer observed a possum which was acting disorderly on the Science Center plaza. The officer escorted the possum from the plaza.

Feb. 21:

11:20:00 a.m.—Officers arrested Jay Ringer on outstanding warrants at Au Bon Pain on Mass. Ave. Ringer, a 28-year-old Boston resident, was charged with larceny by check over $250.

Feb. 22:

12:19:05 p.m.—HUPD officers were sent to Widener Library to investigate a report of a disturbance. They determined that it was a misunderstanding.

2:37:57 p.m.—An officer was dispatched to the Mather House Dining Hall to take a report of vandalism.

—Staff writer Hana R. Alberts can be reached at alberts@fas.harvard.edu.