HUPD POLICE LOG

By Hana R. Alberts, Crimson Staff Writer

August 3:

5:45:10 p.m.—A Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) officer took a report of harassment at the Sackler Museum.

August 4:

1:51:49 a.m.—An officer removed parties who were acting suspiciously in John F. Kennedy Park.

7:09:51 p.m.—An officer took a report of a stolen bicycle at the Fairchild Biochemistry Laboratory.

8:39:02 p.m.—An HUPD officer was sent to Lowell House to take a report of a stolen bicycle.

August 5:

11:40:04 a.m.—An officer responded to a report of a stolen laptop at the Biology Laboratories.

August 6:

2:41:38 p.m.—An HUPD officer was sent to the Biology Laboratories to take a report of stolen money.

5:00:46 p.m.—An officer was sent to the Palmer Dixon Tennis Court to take a report of vandalism to a motor vehicle.

5:29:05 p.m.—An officer was dispatched to the Science Center to take a report of a stolen bicycle seat.

August 7:

12:22:19 p.m.—HUPD detectives conducted a field interview with a female whom they suspected had a Child in Need of Services (CHINS) warrant. A warrant check turned up negative and the subject was sent on her way.

12:45:22 p.m.—Detectives stopped an individual who fit the description of a wanted suspect. They identified the subject as Ernest Gary Jr. and sent him on his way.

August 8:

1:18:17 p.m.—An HUPD officer was sent to Peabody Terrace to take a report of a stolen bicycle.

7:15:27 p.m.—An officer was sent to 1 Western Ave. to take a report of a stolen motor vehicle.

August 9:

12:27:34 a.m.—An officer was dispatched to Stoughton Hall to take a report of a stolen laptop.

10:14:23 p.m.—Officers responded to a report of a large group at Hurlbut Hall. They instructed the group to quiet down.

—Staff writer Hana R. Alberts can be reached at alberts@fas.harvard.edu.